I’m one of the few people in the world who loves Mondays. Mainly because my husband goes back to work and my son & I can get back on schedule. I love my husband, but by Sunday evening, I am very ready for him to be out of the house. Here are some other thoughts I’ve had this weekend:
1. Having extended family of in-laws thrust upon you, being told to entertain them, and watching them look down their highbrow noses at my small town and local Irish pub – exactly how I enjoy spending my Saturday.
2. I think parents of teenagers shouldn’t allow them to play in the kids play area of fast-food restaurants. My tiny child is not only frightened by them, but runs the risk of being mowed down and injured.
3. My mother-in-law brought me a belated birthday present, and hid cash all over it. That may have been the sweetest, most endearing thing ever. It meant much, and it helped even more.
4. I’m pretty sure my husband has no intention of putting up the Halloween decorations outside.
5. Today I noticed my son was actually singing along with the ABC’s song on his toys. He’s now saying A B C D back to me when I sing it to him. Well, in his adorable “I’m not really talking, yet” way.
6. I think fast-food should be fast. My husband waited 10 minutes for french fries at Burger King, and what he was given was ice cold. I forced him to take them back, and guess what? The kid took the box of fries AND THREW THEM BACK IN WITH THE REST FOR THE NEXT CUSTOMER!
7. My Father-In-Law has been ill recently. What we thought was cleared up (as played up by his wife), apparently is not. Beside the fact that he’s in his 70’s and has Parkinson’s, I’m genuinely concerned that this may be the beginning of the end. My husband has never experienced anything like this, and I’m not sure he realizes his parents aren’t immortal.
8. I’m so pissed off that I went all the way to Target, had a coupon, and a cartwheel offer, to get their organic eggs. And guess what? I bought eggs, alright…but they weren’t effing organic! I’m furious as they were sooo expensive. I would never pay that much for conventional eggs!
9. I have never been more excited to open an electric bill. It was $100 CHEAPER than last month!
10. My son has recently decided he loves his mommy. In fact, he won’t leave my side…not while I’m cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, going to the bathroom, even sleeping. Mommy’s tired.